Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Speedo dial sticking... sometimes rev counter too!

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hey pal!

Yeah the monster is fine! Runs like a dream though I managed to upset it earlier - At the same time as starting it, I moved the auto gearstick into drive - Needless to say the butler (talking computer which I've nicknamed Jeeves) was only happy to inform me that there had been a "System malfunction - Consult a renault dealer". Whoopsie... Restarted and nothing happened - pressed the status button and it seemed to think everything was fine...

Yes it has cruise control! Thats what I've been using these last few days to keep me at the same speed but it is so annoying everytime I enter a new speed zone - Having to tap the speedo to find out what my speed is while watching the road and then setting cruise control. It is a bit distracting but I'm getting the hang of it. Luckily in my area there are few speed cameras. It was only on the motorway bringing it back from it's previous owner that I had to really worry! In a car like this you could easily think you're doing 30 whilst really doing 50! Great car, but I can see how people get caught speeding!

Gonna have to get the speedo sorted somehow. Might have to take the unit out of the dash and drop it in to Renault on Monday for them to take a peek at. At least they can't make 2 hours extraction and refitting work out of it Only snag is last time I lost a few screws - I can hear one rolling around in the steering column now! If I take it apart again I'll bet there will be a few more joining it!

EDIT: Forgot to say, since getting this car, the number of cop cars I've seen around me is shocking! I'm seeing them daily - It's almost like the car is a magnet for them! I had to get rid of some old 3D style number plates and get them replaced with normal ones from Halfrauds. Just one hour later I found 2 cop cars behind me on a national speed limit road and I had a dodgy speedo! You can imagine my horror! Pulled into the farm shop just yards down the road - I wasn't gonna keep them behind me!
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 22nd February 2008 at 09:43 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome