Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Does my car have levelling headlights?

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Hmmm... It did seem strange to me that they'd gone to all the effort of installing the electrical and mechanical components for light level adjustment but then not put the switch in! Glad we cleared that one up

I now know for a fact that my car does have level adjustment - it was apparently standard on all Laguna (estates?), that the switch to the immediate left of the heater control is the correct one - the dash light dimmer would be to the left of the fusebox, and mine doesn't have one, and finally, they are definitely ceased up.

Is it possible to install phase 2 headlights on a phase 1 Laguna? I figure if I've got to take the lights out anyway, I may as well pick up a pair from a scrappers and swap them over while I'm at it - I'm not averse to a bit of modification - apparently, the phase 2's lights are much better to start with.

Edit: I've seen a couple of pics of 'N' and 'P'-reg Lags with phase 2 lights, so it must be possible, but does anybody know how much work is required?
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 22nd February 2008 at 11:24 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome