Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Carminat GPS

Thread: Carminat GPS
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 23rd February 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by delboy17 View Post
I've spent 2-3 hours trying various things but I think it must be that the Spanish CD is not as comprehensive as the UK one.
I live in a sizeable town but after inputting the name the only letters open to me for road name are 'A E N 1 3 ' - these relate to nearby road numbers.
I tried other towns with similar results. The 'list' option is ususally blank. Only major towns - Madrid, Barcelona etc - have road listings.

In the absence of useful street maps here I think I must consider an aftermarket product - preferably portable. If there is a member living in Spain using such a system with comprehensive mapping I would appreciate a recommendation.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
I've borrowed a Spanish disk from a friend (VDO 07/08 edition) and this seems to have street level access.

I put in the town Mérida and virtually every letter is available for the road entry.

This is based on the Teleatlas maps.

The VDO site ( states 'Extended door-to-door route guidance' which looks like this is a recently added feature.

Hope this helps.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 Citroën Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome