Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2000 Espace 2.2dT-RTX CD / Reciever problems

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 23rd February 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by Wilfbass View Post
Hi Donald.....

Yeah I'm holdling the top button of the stalk in (5 sec +)and nothing happens.... I've been through the fuse box and everything seems ok... one problem though, there isn't a diagram on the fuse box cover that says what fuses are for what
By another headunit, I mean a typical single CD headunit that you would purchase from Halfords for instance with the installation bypassing the OEM system...

I haven't had a chance to remove the front seat as of yet... It's been raining quite badly down here, so I'll wait for a dry day.

I think I've bought a bit of a lemon to be honest. I've had to do quite a lot of repairs to the car.
Typically the problems started just after the 2nd hand dealers 3 month warranty ran out.... So far I've had to replace both CV joints, both track rod ends, both front discs, the radiator, battery, the hatch wont open and I've had a problem with the imobiliser not dissarming..... so this is just another problem to add to a long list!!!

I suppose you could put it down to ware and tare, but it's wierd how the problems started with a radiator leak (coming from the fillement on the engine side) literally a week after the warranty expired.

It's a shame 'cos I love this car and don't want to give up on her....

Your help, as always, is appreciated....
Hi iam sorry to here you have had one job after another most of it as you say is waer and tear not sure about the radiator or radio?i will have a look at my fuse box diagram and take a pic for you if this helps i have never had to touch wood had to go to my head unit iam wondering if there is a built in fuse like on most aftermarker players???iam sure you will soon find out when you get the seat took out,i will go and take a pic of the fuse diagram asa and post it in here,all the best Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome