Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Steering Lock Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2005 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well Bullit, You certainly have fun with that dealer, Is it a garage or a training centre for newbie. I would suggest taking your car some place else for repair work. I got my steering lock sorted out, Renault fitted a new steering column, and they did it the next day after I took it in. My Drivers door mech failed two days later. Yet again it was repaired the day after I took the car in, all under warranty work. I am please with the car so far, I was getting disillusions with my Laguna the fist week I had it as there were quite a few cosmetic problems. All sorted out now for free and I did loose my car for a week in total out of 2 weeks of owning it. So far after that, no probs. I would never own a Renault without a warranty now, especially with this turbo problem, which I am having my oil and filter changed tomorrow for Castrol 100% synthetic just to be on the safe side. Aint sure whatâ***8364;***8482;s in there and when it was changed. But in this day and age with so many electrical gadgets on cars today, there will be more problems with out hi spec cars.
I would not buy another Renault after this one, from the forums i have read regarding the Laguna II, I expect a few problems with mine, but if it's trouble free I will hang onto it for a couple of years and trade it in most likley.

Currently in Bigstu's garage:
Laguna II 2.2 DCI

Last edited by Pat.w; 7th December 2008 at 05:59 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome