Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - is it hard fitting electric windows?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 23rd February 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
however! no one seems to like french cars any help would be great. cheers J
It's not that we don't like french cars it is that they are often not as well designed/built as other cars. Our Megane had one problem after another and finally the head gasket blew. Still got it and it will be repaired, but it is all the aggrevation that goes with it. French cars tend to be very comfy and smart inside, but mechanically they are a nightmare when things start to go wrong! Plus the french seem to love using torx/star bolts to make things even harder to dismantle/replace.

We recently got a Safrane. Great car, well probably the best renault ever made, but unfortunately Renault don't have any tech stuff available for fixing it. My dials are intermittent and my local renault dealer are completely unable to help simply because they cannot obtain info on the car or the dashboard setup. Thats not exactly forward thinking from Renault is it. You would think that a car which was selling for 30k 10 years ago would have good solid tech support available for it. Instead, Nothing. Renault have let me down! I wasn't going to buy another Renault after the megane but luckily the Saffy has a volvo engine so it's quality should theoretically be better. It's just the usual french electrical gremlins which are haunting me now.

I have nothing against the french cars apart from this!
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome