Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Buying cars appears to be a bit of a lottery. If you are lucky you get a good one, if not bad luck. There are good and bad cars of all makes. Also it is the way that these problems are dealt with that is important. Renault Uk get a ****ging off,The Parkers Forum seems to be the place to moan about Renault.
Citroen UK are just as bad if not worse - try the Picasso website forums.
Whenever people have a bad experience they are quick enough to moan and tell everybody, but less eager to talk if they have no problems or the problems are sorted quickly.
I had read about the " turbo " and reliability problems with the Laguna II, but still bought one. I have also read nothing but praise for Nissan Primeras, we bought one and it was crap, dealer couldn't fix it properly and ended up giving us our money back after six months.

As I said,it seems to be down to luck - fortunately we apear to have been lucky with our Laguna as it is now 17mths old and apart from a faulty alarm sensor has not had ANY waranty work carried out on it, just One routine service.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome