Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hello and comments possible on Laguna Purchase

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 23rd February 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Uhm....the Laguna 2.....where to start?.

First off,is it an IDE engine?.If so,they have been known to be a little troublesome,so if you search for ' IDE ' on the forum,you should find plenty of info.If your in any doubt as to whether the car has the infamous engine,it will say it on the door mouldings.

I've not had any experience of the tip tronic gearbox,so can't comment,but the Lag 2 as a whole is a lot more complicated than the old Lag 1,and the new technology on it did take Renault some time to sort out.

I'd have a look at the Laguna section in the Articles part of the forum and then make a decision.Of course you will get a slightly inbalanced impression of the car as not many people join to tell us how great their car is,but it might give you some idea of the common faults.

There are those on the forum that have bought a good Lag 2 and love the car to bits,but I am slightly less enthusiastic.I have had two Lag 1's and have enjoyed owning both of them(there is another one on it's way soon...),but I personally wouldn't have a Lag 2.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo

Last edited by Lagdti; 23rd February 2008 at 11:38 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome