Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - is it hard fitting electric windows?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 24th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to itwasntme
busy.. that i have! lol thanks for the compliment. but in all honesty its not as hard as you think, more often than not people magnify the problem wayyy out of proportion. you just gotta be presistant and determined to fix it!. my motivation was, i am a student and couldnt afford to send it to a garage to get it fixed. it would have cost me a good 400 quid! i got the cambelt, gasket and valves on ebay for bout 60 quid. and spent bout 100-150 on tools. and yea that was all i needed oh and a few chocolate bars to keep me going! i would recomend cadburrys milk chocolate or the ones with nuts! oh and another good sorce of food is these cookies i found! next time your in Morrisons. look for these 'luxury belgian milk chocolate chip cookis' they are 1.29 for a pack of 4 and OMG mate its like food from the gods! lol.

moving bk to what i was saying, you just gotta have drive and not doubt yourself. finding a problem or making a mistake is NOT a bad thing! its a chance to learn something new, to modify/adapt or improve on what may be a factory fitting! if you go on with that trend of tought no mountain is to high! and if u are a bargain hunter you would be amazed on how easy it is to find what you need for pennies. one thing i lernt was never be afraid to ask, ask anyone.. you would be surprised with wot you find out!..

i took a cab once to work coz my car was without a cambelt and in bits in my back yard.. got talkin to him bout cars.. within 10 min he told me he had an engine hoist and offered to lend it to me for NOTHING! a complete stranger offered his help! even said if i had any problems to give him a bell.. and i did! he came round and gave me a few pointers.. this is a complete stranger!! on his day off! helping me! see the world if full of helpful people. even this forum its all about helping people with the same interest. so if you need help just ask.

by the way ive just started this new website its

its still early stages but have a look through and maybe drop a comment.. cheers J
Currently in itwasntme's garage:
1998 renault clio mk1 (facelift) its a DIY case! and proud of it ;)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome