Thread: Rear Foglights
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th February 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by BeanoClio View Post
I've always liked the look of twin rear fog lights on some vehicles - On my Mk2 Ph1 Clio RT I know that only the drivers side (Offside) rear foglight is connected (I've already checked the Haynes Manual Wiring Diagrams) , but I was wondering if there was any easy way of getting the other rear foglight working (Near Side) (there's always been a bulb in the bulb holder but it just doesn't do anything!)

Does anyone know how to do this? (without causing fuses to blow or melt wiring!!!)

Any diagrams?

Hope someone can help?

I have done this to mine, very simple job indeed. You will need two splice connectors, see pic and also a length of wire.
I can't remember what the colour is for the rear fog lights but it only took me a few seconds to find out. Using the splice connectors just connect the wire from one side to the other and thats it, has worked fine for a while now on my car.
Hope this makes sense lol

The picture shows a blue splice connector, I used red for mine as they are slightly smaller

EDIT: If you don't have any splice connectors have a look on ebay , plenty of people selling them on there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	splice.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	5284  
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI

Last edited by stef123; 24th February 2008 at 12:52 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome