Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Front Door Panel Removal with pics

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 24th February 2008 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by johnm2 View Post
Donald, any chance of posting me the pics for the front drver door panel removal. I cant see them on th thread. I've got a suspect solonoid and came acrros your post. cheers
Hi iam sorry johnm2 just after exmas i deleted all my attachments on the forum and loosing them all iam sorry about this i can,t even send the ones i used as i do not have them anymore to be honest its not hard to do you will first have to remove all the visual screws on the panel and once you have removed the speaker cover by popping it off with a flat screw driver you will see a holding screw behind the speaker panel, you will also have to removed the screw from the door handle the one you would use to close the door from the inside you will see another screw hidden there once the handle has been removed but to gain access to it first you will need to remove the screw that is hidden behind the plastic cap you see when looking down into the handle just use a small flat screw driver to pop it up to gain access to the screw,once you have done all this if you lift the panel up wards it should just slip out of its recess at the top of the door panel,once this is done you will need to disconnect all the wires going to the door panel itself from the speaker and window switches by pressing the block connectors and pulling apart,you will then see behind the panel a length of steel rod running from the door handle to the lock and half way down it you will see a piece of plastic if you pull or push this apart it will then let you split the rod joint and then you will have the panel free from the door itself to then do what you intended i hope this helps Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 24th February 2008 at 03:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Donald For This Useful Post:
Gary Matthews (26th July 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome