Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bluetooth compatibility 2.0T Init

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th February 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The car side's straightforward enough. I've just been through it:

Press 'Set'
Select 'Phone'
Select 'Bluetooth Setup'
Select 'Add new phone'

I'm not sure about the phone though, as I don't have an Ericsson, but it should be much the same as pairing up a bluetooth headset. On the Nokias, you select 'Search for audio enhancements' from the Bluetooth menu and the car should appear as a device called 'MY-CAR'. Pair to that device (the passcode is 1234) and you should be connected.

If you share the car with anyone else (as I do with the missus) remember to press the 'Tel' button when you get in the car after they've been using it, otherwise it'll stay paired to their phone (even though it's not present.) If they've switched over to their phone, then the car should try to link to it again and, when it fails, bring up the list of paired handsets for you to connect to. Select your phone and you're ready to roll.

If their phone is present in the car but you want yours on handsfree, you have to bring up the menu by going into the 'Set', 'Phone', 'Bluetooth Setup' and 'List paired phones' menus.

If you forget to do this, your phone will ring in your pocket and by the time you've gone through the rigmarole of switching to your phone, you'll have missed the call.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome