Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Premium fuels-Are they worth the extra?

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 24th February 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Hi Pat to be honest i could not say for sure about performance gains but i have always used shell vpower nothing else since last July and i have noticed a little more miles to the gallon after running it on normal shell regular to shell vpower iam not a fan of supermarket fuels from i owned my Merc C180 Classic and i feel it run better on Shell Regular so i have bought nothing else since:crazy,when i say more mpg i am getting around mid 25 to late twenty's mpg for my 2.0 16v Espace in and around the town and for an Auto and for it being remapped thats great going and i would say after running the car on it for about a month??i was gaining ok not much more but enough to keep me running the car on it but then again iam not hard right footed iam so chilled out if i drove any slower i'd be sleepingi am not one for doing big miles 5k a year?in and around that in my car so iam not spending a great deal a year so iam happy i hope this helps Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome