Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
You have just said life is a lottery, buying cars should not be. I agree. But in reality that is the way things are in the motor trade.
However, from my experience and that of other people I know buying cars is a lottery. If you end up with a Friday afternoon job that its bad luck. Manufacturerers are cost cutting to save a few pence/euros etc here and there and are not interested when things go wrong. nothing is life is certain, apart from the fact you will die. We all get stressed about cars and their expense, it's just another fact of life. Life is too short.
We have been in a similar situation to yourself with Nissan and Citroen
so we will never buy from them again. We have had 3 Renaults - all trouble free, that is why we still decided on the Lag II despite its known faults.No car is fault free, no UK customer services dept I know of is any good. I would not contemplate buying any modern car without a warranty, and should we keep the Laguna when its warranty is up, we will take out an independant warranty.
Renault are not alone in poor customer relations, if, as I have said you look at other forums you will find that Citroen are probably worse, Mercedes,VW,Ford - neither are really that interested once you have bought the car. Nissan customer service is also appalling, as we know from first hand experience.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome