Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sportstourer - I thought as you did, that no matter what brand of car you went for, you would find equal numbers of complaints on the web. Not so. I'm so fed up with my Laguna that I'm getting rid of it, so I've spent weeks this time around researching reliability. What I've found is that the level of complaints on the web correlates very closely to the results of the independantly published reliability surveys.
In general, there are few complaints about Japanese cars, and loads of complaints about European ones - especially Renault, and Citroen. Perhaps all French cars are made on Friday afternoon?
My very unscientific web survey led me in the direction of Mazda even before I read the reliabilty surveys. That's why I've ordered a new Mazda 6. It might turn out to be a Friday afternoon one, but I think my research shows that there is a lot lower chance of that, than if I'd bought another European car!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome