Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Retro-fitted Voice Synth. Now it won't work

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to colmrenaul
Unhappy Retro-fitted Voice Synth. Now it won't work

After nearly a year looking for the parts I eventually found them (thanks Mark) . Yesterday I retro-fitted the voice synthesiser to my Laguna2 phase 2 . It wasn't that hard really due mainly to the excellent directions posted here, thanks very much.

However I can't get it to work . I followed the instructions slowly and carefully and soldered every connection. I even got the proper connecters to plug into the cars loom in behind the instrument panel. So i went back over every connection, and tested that power was going to the synth computer, which it was. I tried using a different earth and reversing the wires on the switch also but that had no effect.

The only original part I didn't have was the speaker, so i used a speaker from a Nokia car kit. That would hardly make it not work. I should have the original speaker this week. It is in transit.

I was just wondering, seeing as my car has no GPS fitted as standard either, does the voice synth need to be actived in the UCH by a Renault diagnostics machine to get the system activated.

The car that it was sucessfully retro-fitted to on this forum had GPS and therefore the speech ability may have been turned on in the UCH . (That may make no sence to the knowledgeable, just thinking out loud)

Any idesas on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Currently in colmrenaul's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 2 Initiale 2.0 dCi 150

Last edited by colmrenaul; 28th February 2008 at 11:10 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by colmrenaul
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Retro-fitted Voice Synth. Now it won't work Electronics delta1066 13 2641 26th February 2008 09:48 AM
DTC P1431 Definition? Electronics colmrenaul 2 6304 2nd November 2007 12:19 PM
2007 Laguna Indicators flash fast but bulbs not... Electronics leroy 3 1597 21st August 2007 01:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome