Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane mk3, bent impact bar after a rear end impact.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane mk3, bent impact bar after a rear end impact.

Hello all.

Had some idiot tailgate me for a mile before ploughing into the back of me.

Apart from a dented and creased rear bumper, a few chips, a misaligned tail light and bumper on one side and a licence plate light that only works when I hit it, the exterior doesn't seem too bad. Still enough damage done to vex me, and the general standards of driving around here and lack of care, even more so!

Anyway, I was having a look under the rear bumper to see what I could see and I think (I'm no mechanic) that the impact bar/bumper reinforcement bar has been bent.

Could anyone confirm for me please?

I imagine if it is bent, that if someone rear ends me again, the bar wouldn't be able to take as much impact now, and therefore the damage will be worse to the rest of the car?

Should I be looking for any further damage that could have been caused that may not be immediately and obviously visible? Ie. any twists or warps to the cars chassis etc?

Finally, anyone know roughly how much a garage might charge for a rear bumper reinforcement/impact bar fix/change?

Hopefully the picture uploads!

Thanks guys n girls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2825.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	104193  
Currently in skunkwerx's garage:
Megane 3 1.5 DCI 106
  5 Lastest Threads by skunkwerx
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane mk3, bent impact bar after a rear end... Bodywork VelSatisfied 33 880 3rd July 2016 08:52 PM
Cleaned the Megane's engine bay today... My mottah! madnoel10 7 927 4th September 2015 09:51 PM
Megan the Megane 3's first detail.. My mottah! stuart j 10 1242 20th August 2015 09:09 PM
Aluminium pedals and footrest. Interior styling skunkwerx 0 706 20th August 2015 12:13 AM
Recommendations for Megane 3 styling? Interior styling skunkwerx 0 729 20th August 2015 12:10 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome