Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well, reading this reminded me of my wife's first year of Laguna II ownership. I have to say we have never owned a car so badly put together and rubish dealers. The only saving grace is that the dealer in Reading "disappered" very quickly, returning to their powerbase in Swindon. The new dealer has been brilliant to the extent they give us staff discount on parts, and since it has been looked after by them no problems, all the faulty bits were replaced. When you look a warranty stats Renault tend to be one of the worst offenders. Before we had our nipper I used to drive a Lotus Elan (M100) which in the 3 years of ownership never went wrong, and Lotus had a bad reputation. I drive a Honda Accord (new shape) and the only thing to go wrong (fingers crossed) was pitting on 2 of the alloys. Honda's response all 4 alloys replaced within 2 weeks of making the dealer aware.

My wife loves her Laguna now but when it's due for replacement next year she even said I won't buy another Renault.
Currently in sturgi's garage:
Honda Accord 2.0 Exec (5 speed auto)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome