Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Did anyone see 5th Gear last night ?

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerz_SRi
Originally Posted by Emily's dad View Post
The car itself did end up relatively intact, but you or I can't deal with those decelaration forces very well and could suffer severe if not fatal injuries.

I am a serving Police Traffic Officer and have been to collisions where the car doesn't look too bad, but people are taken away in body bags.

In any crash wher you come to a sudden stop over 50mph you risk tearing your Aorta, which is one of the main arterys that feed the heart. Outwardly not a scratch but game over.
( There may be a medical expert out there who can give better specific details but this is simple version as give to me by the Ambulance service)
Best bet is not to crash into the tree to start with.

I have to take my hat off to you mate, I always wanted to be a traffic cop and may try to get in the police again in a few years.

Takes balls to do the work you do and knocking on a stragers door to inform them of a incident you describe can not be easy.

Must be a draining job and also enjoyable.

Your right though, The body is not as indistructable as people think! The heart problem you mention there I have seen alot on claims at work in high speed accidents and bikes where a suprising amount of "victims" become decapatated.
Currently in Tiggerz_SRi's garage:
Audi a4 v6 avant, used to have bmw 525d se estate, 2001 Toyota Previa 2.4 VVTi GLS, '98 R FORD Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X a Espace III 2.2dT RXE and a Lag I 1.8RT!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome