Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane mk3, bent impact bar after a rear end impact.

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2016
Diamond member
Nominated 6 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Megane mk3, bent impact bar after a rear end impact.

Originally Posted by skunkwerx View Post
Its a 2010 model. Hatch.

Thats true, at the scene I didnt get the guys details. Idiot. So i notified the police and filled their forms out within the 24 hours to make sure I didnt break the law.

Lesson learned. Have filled in a request with the dvla for the drivers details, but whether they will give me his insurance info, I dont know.

So the only way of claiming at the mo, is through my insurance as a non fault claim. But as I know from previous experience that will still make my premiums soar! So ideally, yeah I'd be making a claim direct to the other drivers insurance.

The dash cam clearly shows I was stationary when hit, the audio captures the other driver apologising profusely, then captures his car and plate number as he drives away.

We shall see!
Poor megane. Been taking good care of her as well!
You HAVE to report the incident to your insurance, if you fail too and other guy does or police do and you haven't it will make things difficult for you. Also you could have any insurance invalidated for failing to inform them now or at renewal (this really is a worse case and rare) you are allowed 1 no fault accident before it starts to massively add to your premium.
you have his number plate and he left scene and informed police - let you insurance company do it's job.
if he's insured - they can trace via number plate - also dvla WILL give them driver details..
when I got rear ended I got a hire car for free and its rental cost 1725 ..... they paid out 750 for car...
Currently in Nexxusone's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 VVT Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome