Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Thule Bike Carrier Advice

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Mounted the roof bars today. Turns out I had the key all the time! It's in the left side stove-away in the boot together with the tow-ring (reading the manual cleared that one out )

The Thule bike carrier fits perfectly. It comes with three hooks that probably will fit most roof bars on the market. Once the hooks are gripping bars it's a simple matter of locking down three quick releases to secure the carrier to the car.

The carrier also comes with proprietary fasteners that will slide sideways into the newer type of Thule roof bars. It's supposed to be easier than the hooks - though I can't see that there will be much difference.

A minor quibble: Since the Laguna roof bars a slightly curved a bike placed in the carrier won't be standing dead vertical (unless the carrier is placed in the middle - making loading more difficult). A simple solution would be to fit a small piece of rubber or plastic under the outermost quick release - but the tilt to the bike is so little that I can't be bothered.
Currently in grandtour's garage:
Laguna Grandtour 1.8 16V Concorde '99
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome