Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

View Single Post
post #86 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to cardiff_gareth
Originally Posted by scotch pie View Post
I know this is an old thread but my reply may be helpful to other owners suffering the same problem.

This happened to me and, fortunately, the lock fell out on the drive so I did not lose it. If you are lucky enough to recover the lock, there was a chap selling repair kits on e-bay for about a fiver. The kit includes a rubber cushion ring and circlip plus detailed instructions (including a helpline). Don't know if he's still advertising but worth a try.

Yep he is, I saw his jobbie on there, I contacted him to ask what you get for your money but I got a vague answer back. Is he just giving an O ring in the pack as he claims:

My modification is A 100% BRITISH permanent repair to fix this FRENCH design problem and should be applied to all Scenic boot lock buttons that are new or second hand before it is too late
Does anyone have a picture of the spring as we've lost ours and the new button didn't come with a spring, I just need the length etc so I can get something that is about the right size to replace it !
Currently in cardiff_gareth's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic Mk 1 phase II 1.6 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome