Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Steering

Thread: Scenic Steering
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Horatio
For what it's worth, the power steering rack went on my last Laguna. Fortunately, it was still under warranty, and it was on contract hire with full maintenance, so the lease company would have had to pick up the tab anyway.

Memory's a bit hazy, but I think the car was off the road for nearly three weeks (which is about how long it took to get used to the silly indicators in the Vecra hire car I'd been given.) First of all, the dealer had to order special test equipment because Renault refused to authorise the repair until the old rack had been tested with equipment that the dealer didn't have. Then when the rack was finally replaced and I went back to pick up the car, it was just as bad - it turned out that the faulty rack had taken the pump with it, and that had to be replaced too.

I know this isn't much help, but at least it's one more person who's had a power steering failure, which adds weight to the theory that there's a design or production defect that they're not owning up to.
Thanks Horatio for your story it just adds more weight to the to the fact that there may be a problem.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome