Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MKIII/MKIV Espace advice...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th July 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 5 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
MKIII/MKIV Espace advice...

I know that both the MKIII and MKIV Espaces had their fair share of issues (someone I know had one of each and had some crazy stuff go wrong) but for various reasons I am interested in getting one.

I've got a couple of questions (in addition to a previous thread I started) - firstly, which was the more reliable car, the MKIII or the MKIV? I always assumed newer = better but on places such as Honest John, owner satisfaction seems to be a bit higher with the MKIII.

Secondly, I know the 2.2dCi engine was notoriously unreliable but which engine (open to petrol or diesel, though I imagine diesel will be better at this age) is my best bet if I'm buying now? I'm only interested in manuals.

Currently in alessio's garage:
Fabia 1.9SDI but looking for a change...
  5 Lastest Threads by alessio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
MKIII/MKIV Espace advice... Cars & motoring alessio 0 114 10th July 2016 10:25 PM
Ridiculous password rules Site Issues lucasjevnaker 27 1009 10th July 2016 10:18 PM
Advice on buying a used Espace Cars & motoring Bigdave117 5 416 4th May 2016 11:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome