Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where do I stand with Renault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to cardiff_gareth
Where do I stand with Renault

Last time I went into my main stealer about service and parts he brought up the service history for my car but quickly moved the screen so I couldn't see it saying it was because of Data Protection.

Now I work in finance so I know all about data protection so I asked him if the past owners details were on there and he said no so therefore, as I am now the new owner I should be able to access them because the previous owners details are not on the history screens (I have the previous owners details via the log book, previous keeper)
He was having none of it and said I couldn't have them.

Now my Laguna is a 51 plate with 106k miles on it and lately, even though fuel consumption hasn't dropped I am getting a fair amount of black smoke from the rear so I was a little bit worried about the turbo failure problem but I cannot access the infomation I need because of the above ??
Currently in cardiff_gareth's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic Mk 1 phase II 1.6 Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by cardiff_gareth
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Mk1 high level brake light seal ? Bodywork madnoel10 5 2302 22nd May 2012 08:23 PM
2003 Scenic Expression & Expression+ Cars & motoring colindonnelly 11 2996 17th May 2012 07:58 PM
Some of my images Photography Club cardiff_gareth 0 2688 15th May 2012 08:58 PM
My twins ! Photography Club cardiff_gareth 0 2420 15th May 2012 08:42 PM
Aftermarket radio's Electronics GamithUK 1 1044 15th May 2012 08:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome