Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #304 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

Originally Posted by eetsteamleader View Post
I have a Scenic 2 2005 1.6 Auto with starting problems. I had to get the AA out earlier this week and he said straight away it was probably the TDC sensor.

I decided to try and replace it myself. Failed! It is not mounted like previous models. It is bolted behind part of the gearbox casing right behind the gear change. I managed to get the 2 10mm bolts out. But the sensor could not be lifted high enough to get it clear. In the end I had to just bolt the original one back in position. that was not easy either.

I'm hoping someone has found a way to get it out and fit a new one because it must be one of the hardest parts to change.

Being an Engineer, I really wonder what class of Engineers Car manufacturers use to design these cars. They have no idea of maintainability.
Mine is in the same location. I have a 2001 Renault Megane 1.6. Eventually got it out after about an hour. Was so dirty, gave it a good clean. Now getting it back is a lot harder. After 3 hours, no go. If I got it out, it's gotta go back in there. Eventually ran out of day light. Will try tomorrow again.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome