Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Need advice on repair

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Need advice on repair

As some of you may know I had my car serviced a few weeks back. So at first everything seemed good, went to wash the car and noticed damage on central pillar on passenger side.

Decided to check the whole car and saw that driver side was also damaged. The pillar is dented and paint scraped to bare metal. I called back the garage and notified them. So after 3 weeks of waiting they are saying it wasn't them but are happy to pay for half the cost of the repair.

I then mentioned that the damage wasn't there and car was only dropped of at the garage. He replies saying that he cant see the damage being done by them. So anyway he still offers to pay half the price for the repair and even give me a courtesy car for free without having to pay for insurance. At first I was happy about this, but then I realized, why would they bother paying for half the job and even offer car if they are sure it wasn't them.

Are they just trying to squeeze me of any money they can? I know 100% there was no damage as I always wipe down the car after washing.

Should I be demanding full payment for the repair?

The repair would be around 150+vat.
Currently in soldiers33's garage:
2014 Renault Megane Dynamique TomTom 1.5DCi
  5 Lastest Threads by soldiers33
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Need advice on repair Bodywork soldiers33 24 627 19th July 2016 12:20 PM
renault headlights part numbers Electronics soldiers33 3 127 6th July 2016 04:58 PM
Engine Identification Plate Engines batfink5 3 218 23rd June 2016 12:02 PM
Performing my own service Engines batfink5 38 1062 19th June 2016 03:06 PM
what goes above the spare wheel? Tools & equipment soldiers33 5 209 26th May 2016 12:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome