Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Nylon Nuts, Split Washers or Adhesive

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 8 Times in 8 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Thanked 1,352 Times in 963 Posts
Re: Nylon Nuts, Split Washers or Adhesive

Originally Posted by Dancingdad View Post
Warcha mean the compressor doesn't work with 12v on it?

If it is bust, claim a refund.

Set up should be simple, even if only one pipe, simply put Y pieces in to join, try to keep hose lengths the same to keep any losses even.

If the four outlets are to a common manifold and all pump air out at same time, connect the three horns and plug one outlet.
If they pulse air, that's trying to play a tune and unlawful so cannot use them. Or there will be a switch on compressor to make one blast or a tune.
Seem to remember that was an option with the old 5 tones that played Colonel Bogey or La Cucawhetever.
Right, i got it working DD & it pulses air in a clockwise sequence 1, 2, 3, 4 (no switch) so it's trying to play a tune as you say & is not road legal, i think keep my original comp like Tim says & use an 'x' connector

Cheers guys

Oh! and why have we gone from Nuts to Horns ?
Well the horns do play a detrimental part in this Thread as that is what i'm trying to fit to the van
If it was DD starting this thread it would of been called 'Nuts,washers,adhesive ...Oh feck it Tie Wraps'

Currently in chuffer690's garage:
Renault Trafic 2009 Crewcab Quickshift 6 2.0 SL29+ M9R DCI115 - Vauxhall Meriva 2005 1.6 Semi-Auto - Nailgun, Chainsaw, Ban Hammer (cheap copy)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome