Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Polished headlamps!

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Good luck with the new lamps, Azurael. I wonder how much of a job it is. The other day I tried to look for a way of adjusting the right side lamp but quickly gave up. Looks really complicated. Even the Haynes Manual says to just leave it to a garrage Well I was lucky - It turned out that the bulb wasn't seated properly.

Davesss, I doubt that I could have finished the job using only Dremmel/Autosol. There was a really thick lacquer-like layer on these lenses. Perhaps the previous owner have been trying to improve clarity by using some form of sealant or wax or maybe they just degrade like that. Anyway it took quite a lot of rubbing with the grain 400 to get it rid of it. Guess I could have tried with one of the sanding discs that comes with the Dremmel but I feared that it would destroy the lamps completely. But at least they should be real easy to keep clear from now on - a quick rub down with Autosol on a piece of cloth will probably do the trick.
Currently in grandtour's garage:
Laguna Grandtour 1.8 16V Concorde '99
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome