Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - sat nav repaired

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by excavator View Post
Hi guys thanks once again for help in fixing my sat nav problem.had no sat signal and the thing was way out miles in fact of destination.after going to renault and being told its the reader gone sir and its 500-700 to fix i read up on problems on the forum,and with help from many members i tracked trouble to the antenna,80 + vat and fitting at dealer so read the tread on getting antenna from e-bay --new sat nav g.p.s antenna blaupunkt,vw,bmw,ford,audi,smb
bought on it came i removed the old plug from reader unit under glove box fitted new plug straight in,initialised the system and BINGO we have now got a working sat nav and the clock works again.There was enough wire on unit to thread it along inside moulding alongside door and out into boot where i fitted the magnetic receiver to underside of roof between headlining clipped headling back and i now am receiving 7 sats perfect and all for 9.99 plus postage,what a result...thanks guys.
I did the same last week, 9.99, now sorted, works perfect.
Currently in Fletch's garage:
2005 BMW 330ci M Sport Vert, 1996 BMW 525 SEi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome