Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rainbow's T1100 Radiator

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rainbow's T1100 Radiator

Originally Posted by Renoir White View Post
I only really wanted to quote the radiator part but there must be some convoluted way of separating them out. Multi-quote?

Anyway, I have a problem today. Had seen a couple of dark spots under the engine a few days ago. On inspection they turned out to be watery but no signs of a leak anywhere so didn't worry too much. (it's the 1721 F1N)

I suspected overheating (gauge hovering just below the tightly spaced lines) on a short journey (3 miles) on Sunday so today let the engine idle for 10 minutes today to see if the fan kicked in. It didn't while the engine was running and the gauge crept up to the same spot again. Switched off engine and fan came to life - reducing temp. - as hoped for.

I then started the van up to see if the fan stayed on. It didn't and shortly after that, brown sludgy water began to drip out of the hose(s) (there are 2: one short linking hose and one larger hose with a sharp return in it from the radiator but couldn't make out which) where the bottom radiator hose meets the block. I switched off immediately, of course. It was less than half a pint before stopping and was accompanied by a gurgling sound coming from somewhere behind the dipstick.

Is this likely just to be a perished hose? I'll replace them anyway (are they easily obtainable?) but then what? Presumably this was coolant so what is recommended and how to do it?

I have obtained the Peter Russek manual (in pieces) but it's not exactly easy to follow.

Any help much appreciated.
  5 Lastest Threads by Rainbow1991
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow's T1100 Radiator Vans Rainbow1991 6 243 25th July 2016 01:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome