Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Replacing Wiperblades

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic 2 - Replacing Wiperblades

Originally Posted by tom1962 View Post
Hi, I have Renault megane scenic 2006 can't get mine off anyone know how they come off,
You probably solved this by now, but for the record (as I found this comment chain when googling for the same information):

The exact way the blade comes off depends on the blade make (Bosch, Champion or whatever) but in Scenic II, you pull the blade *out* or *upwards" from the base (not downwards as scatz proposed). The arm doesn't have a hook at the end like some other cars do. In those other cars, you pull towards the base. I repeat, in my Scenic 2008, you pull outwards.

Different blade makes have a different clip that keeps the blade in the arm by sticking plastic in a hole that is in the arm. You either push this clip or pull it perpendicular to the arm to release the blade, then pull the blade outwards alongside the arm. The clip mechanisms accumulate dust and sticky asphalt particles so they don't always release very easily.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome