Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - rev counter 1.2 rn few questions

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
You need to take great care with how you go about this Marty ( Fitting Nitrous )

Research your project .

Yep make a good thread this.

Keep us posted.
yea I'm doing the research now, just trying to source the parts i need. but i first got the idea just looking on the net, just to see how nitrous works. coz i was mechanic by trade and i was just interested, (i never intended to fit it to my car)
then i came across a website

its run by a guy called John Williamson, (Burgerman to those that used to read Performance Bikes Magazine) and it shows a d.i.y. guide of how to install nitrous.
and i realized that i could afford do it myself, its far cheaper then if i just bought a kit straight off the shelf.
Obviously you need to be mechanical minded, and have a lot of common sense, but its not as hard as you may first think.

like i said before I'm still researching, and trying to find the parts ill need because I'm on a budget with safety being my main concern. but maby in a month or so ill have finished trawling the web and saved enough money to start. And when i do ill definately start a thread and keep all you guys posted on my progress
Currently in martyboi's garage:
2.0 16v corsa redtop (project redNos) 0-60 in 5.2sec (soon to be turbo'd) and the renNOS has gone to the big scrapyard in the sky :crying: and theres not an AX!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome