Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - GPS! Red Satellite & Disc but we have Signal and we are in the sea

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question GPS! Red Satellite & Disc but we have Signal and we are in the sea

Hi all,

I have a similar problem to most of the other users on the forum with GPS failure, but mine is different. The GPS was working fine then it put us in the middle of the ocean and refused to load or show maps.

Now it shows destination maps no problem but signal is still red and so is the disc and TMC is green "TMC_INFO". I've gone into "Emergency" while driving and the GPS co-ordinates change as we move, so we must be getting a signal.

I've tried removing the power, holding M & C etc, checked the cables but no joy. I don't think it's the shark fin as I say, we have GPS co-ordinates, no doubt about it. I've changed the disc from the up to date VDO one I have back the the original Carminat and that didn't help.

Any ideas please?

Currently in nev.mason's garage:
2003 Laguna 1.9 DCI Initiale Sport Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by nev.mason
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Oil and glow plugs 1.9 DCI Engines nev.mason 4 1377 20th March 2008 08:37 PM
Cheap Renault Garage (Somerset) Electronics darth510 2 2005 6th March 2008 07:32 PM
GPS! Red Satellite & Disc but we have Signal and... Electronics nev.mason 4 1171 3rd March 2008 08:54 PM
Carminat system diags Failed Electronics len_0onx 5 2020 7th June 2007 09:33 PM
TPS system wheels on wrong corners Wheels & tyres nev.mason 5 1318 4th June 2007 09:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome