Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Water sloshing around in dash - drain holes blocked?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna II - Water sloshing around in dash - drain holes blocked?

Yes, I've just done mine. Lift bonnet and go to the passenger side of the car there you will find the plastic grills where the water drains just below the wipers and windscreen. You will needs to undo a couple of plastic screws (mine only had one) and lift the plastic grill upwards. It should separate from the drivers side as they slot into each other and with a little gentle tugging and pulling it should lift out. You will then find where all the water and leaves etc have blocked the rubber drain hole which is at the bottom right hand side. Good chance that if the water has been there for a while that it will smell just like drains do so maybe wear rubber gloves. Just poke around 'till you find the rubber hole cover and just poke it with your finger and the water should start to drain away. Try and take out as much of the mucky leaves as you can before they go down the drain hole and then its just a case of giving it a good clean with warm soapy water and then a good rinse. Put everything back together and hopefully you will be good for a few months 'till it get blocked again. Try not to park under trees too. Good luck. Tom
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome