Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II.... instrument panel & power steering

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2008 Thread Starter
Bob Smith
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Problem Sorted

Hi Dave L ................ I don't know how much research you have done but when i looked into my problem it crops up again, again, and again, so i was convinced i had the Laguna 2 dashboard problem. As such i had resigned myself to a new instrument panal at the local Renault dealer and a 600 to 700 bill................. I sent it to 'Sutton Park Renault' in Burton On Trent for a diagnostic check, they stated it wasn't the instrument panal as thought but a short on the back of the fuse board, it had blown a couple of fuses and shorted across two or three circuits. They were able to clean it up and repair the shorts without any parts being replaced. Yes it cost me 200 labour but that was better than 600 to 700. ..................... All the lights on the dash were now back to normal, i had some extra things that hadn't worked since i had the car such as a 'beep' for no seat belt, auto door lock at 6mph, a steering column lock that now worked, and the power steering was fine. It transpires there never was a problem with the power steering as such, the short circuit on the 'ESP' system was causing the system to think the car had a stability problem and was doing its job and making the power steeing heavy ............. So all is now well, fingers crossed. Hope this is a help to you. ........................ Mine is 2.2 diesel auto and my MPG is not what i expected it to be (that is going off the trip, I havn't worked it out by hand yet), what is your mpg ? ........... Bob Smith
Currently in Bob Smith's garage:
2004 (53 plate) Laguna II 2.2 d estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome