Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Laguna ll - wipers

5K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  matjo690 
#1 ·
can someone help.i have a y plate laguna which front wipers are not working fuse is ok, no voltage at wiper motor .when you turn wiper stalk you can hear a click at fusebox.the clicking noise seems to be coming from inside the fuse box .has anyone any idea what might be wrong,advice would be much appreciated.
:confused:

#2 ·
georgesw said:
can someone help.i have a y plate laguna which front wipers are not working fuse is ok, no voltage at wiper motor .when you turn wiper stalk you can hear a click at fusebox.the clicking noise seems to be coming from inside the fuse box .has anyone any idea what might be wrong,advice would be much appreciated.
:confused:

Clicking is probably the relay, so that sounds like it is ok. Could be the wiper motor itself that has failed. If it is easily accessible you could try applying 12volts directly to the motor.

G
#5 ·
I presume by now you will have solved the puzzle but if not..

Do the same test whilst the motor is wired into the car loom but not connecting to the wiper arm mech, remembering to earth it to the car body or earth feed.

Any luck ?

If it the motor turns ok then maybe a little lub on the mech would help.

If not check the earth is good ( i,e, use a star washer under the earth point to make sure it will make good contact with the car )

#6 ·
laguna ll wipers

still not getting power at wiper plug.cannot locate wiper relay,the clicking noise is coming from inside fuse box and none of the plug in relays on the outside are the right ones.my feeling is that it is the wiper relay,but i am dammed if i know where it is. :(

G
#7 ·
I suggest sending a private message to Webcode or the other user listed as RTE ( Renault Technical Expert ). They both work in dealerships but still have the interest in the job to help you out.

All credit to them..

Sorry I could not help anymore matey..

G
#8 ·
Laguna II Owner said:
I suggest sending a private message to Webcode or the other user listed as RTE ( Renault Technical Expert ). They both work in dealerships but still have the interest in the job to help you out.

All credit to them..

Sorry I could not help anymore matey..
Yep - I concur. Webcode is an especially welcome addition to the site!

#9 ·
thanks to all who replied to my post.i have found cause of my trouble.the clicking from inside the fuse box was not as distinct as rear wiper . i noticed that fuseboard would split and was going to have a look inside,but by chance there was one on ebay and i got it for a tenner (couldn't believe it).swapped them round and now i have front wipers.so i assume wiper timer relay and electronics are built into internals of fuse box which is not the easiest place to get to.if fusebox had not been for sale i would have been in a whole world of pain,£250+vat+labour to be precise .so thanks to all again and i hope this is a solution for anybody with the same problem in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.