Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Brake servo removal Megane 2008 1.5dCi

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th August 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Brake servo removal Megane 2008 1.5dCi

I am a new Megane owner and really like the car apart from a hiss coming from the servo which disappears when I put my foot on the brake. I have discovered that this is a common fault and bought a replacement servo.

I have cleared plenty of space in front of the servo and in the passenger footwell as can be seen below

See Images

The Renault manual refers to removing both of the gearbox ball joints for the K9K engine (1.5dCI). I can't say that I have done this as it wasn't mentioned in the Haynes manual and i am not sure what/where they are. Any comment?

The last stage in the Haynes manual and Renault data sheet refers to removing the two servo mounting bolts (B)

On the Bosch unit these bolts are only attached to the front surface of the servo they do not pass through to the bulk head. I cannot see the point of removing them or am I missing something? I can grip the sides of the servo and rotate it about 5mm but I cannot get it to move in or out when I push or pull it.
I have looked at my replacement unit and it looks to me like the the plate on the rear of the unit can be pushed in to place and then rotated to lock it into place. I suspect the square section has some sort of location lug.
See images

I guess I have missed something out or need a special tool. (The servo is too close to the bulkhead to access the nuts holding the plate to it). Can anybody offer any advice as I am stuck at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Two Copyright Images Removed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	106681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1089.JPG
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	106689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1090.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	106697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1092.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	106705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1096.JPG
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	106729  

Last edited by Nottnoc; 6th August 2016 at 10:55 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Graham996
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
megane 2 clutch slave bleed nipple Transmissions flying clutchman 1 118 12th August 2016 09:45 PM
Brake servo removal Megane 2008 1.5dCi Brakes/Hubs Graham996 6 247 6th August 2016 10:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome