Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 1 - Heating and Cooling - Possible fix for cold heater

View Single Post
post #69 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Do petrol Lags come with far less insulation under the bonnet than my diesel has, or is it just that one?

This guide proved very useful to me. I don't think I could have worked out how to undo the heater bayonet without it, for one thing! As I posted elsewhere, I did it at the same time as doing a coolant change and flushing the rest of the system through, and the coolant in my car was in a disgusting state - it was brown, sludgy, and full of floating crud and rust.

I suspect had I cleaned the matrix out without doing a change, it would have clogged back up again within a week! Something to consider if you haven't changed it in the time you've owned it, even if the car has history - I've heard of main dealers neglecting coolant changes during routine servicing, because Renault themselves don't recommend an interval for coolant changes.
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome