Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 3 1.4Dci 2010 - Driver's Side Repeater Light Holder - MOT fail

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th August 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 3 1.4Dci 2010 - Driver's Side Repeater Light Holder - MOT fail

My Renault Clio 3 has just failed its MOT test on the driver's side indicator repeater bulb on account that the 'bulb holder has excessively deteriorated'. I was informed by the guys who conducted the MOT that the part should only cost 15 or so if I took it to the dealership.

Looking at the part the plastic itself does seem to have corroded a little with the plastic connector (where the bulb plugs into) looking worn.

Speaking to Renault I was shocked to get the response that it would need an entire new door loom, clips and membrane which combined with the 1.5 hours labour would cost me around 365.

Does this sound right to people or would it be possible to bypass the plastic piece and find an easier way to connect the bulb? If I have to pay then I have to pay but for obvious reasons I would prefer an easier solution.

Thank you for any help you can offer me everybody!
  5 Lastest Threads by senager
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 3 1.4Dci 2010 - Driver's Side... Cars & motoring Doctle Odd 5 220 8th August 2016 12:57 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome