Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 2 1.5 DCI - high mileage - worth spending money on?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2016
Really Old Member
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio 2 1.5 DCI - high mileage - worth spending money on?

Nothing on your list is difficult and would make an excellent project for someone wanting to get to grips with car mechanics (maybe not the welding). Price seems reasonable but only you can decide whether it is worth spending 750 on a car you paid less that 600 for. Except the tyres there is probably only 100+ worth of parts if you shop around. There are plenty of used parts out there. Only time will tell whether the car has much of a useful future left. Presumably you have no idea of the history. Mileage is quite high but some go on much longer.
Are the alloys standard size? and same size tyres front and rear? I would check why there are spacers on the rear. And get a proper diagnostic test. Warning lights are a MOT no-no.

It was hard getting over my addiction to the Hokey Cokey, but I've turned myself around and that's what it's all about.
Currently in twodogs's garage:
2011 Grand Scenic III 1.5dci EDC; Royal Enfield 350 Bullet; Boxes of tools and spare parts I will never need again.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome