Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 1 faults

Thread: Megane 1 faults
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Mike11 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike11
Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
Hi all.

Delta, we meet again, lol!

Strangely enough I had similat rear light problems on my car. The multi pin connector blocks that connect the wiring loom to the lamp cluster boards weaken over the years, and the pins don't make a strong enough contact with the lamp clusters.

Judicious use of a thin flat bladed screw driver to gently bend back the pins in the connector works a treat to ensure a tighter contact. I would also recommend a light emery paper to clean up the contacts on both the lamp cluster connector and loom block connector contacts. I also added a light squirt of WD40, if it helps I don't know, just did it for good measure!

Hope this helps

I have got this problem too. I have looked at them and wondered why they are doing this cos they look fine. I am now going to try this too, little bu****s, ha.

Originally Posted by Bartsonofhomer View Post
Just cured a water leak into the O/S footwell by cleaning the sunroof front drains.
Where are these exactly? I get water collecting every now and again in the rear drivers footwell too.
Currently in Mike11's garage:
An LPG powered Ford Focus ST170.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome