Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Rear brake pad replacement

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks to all on this thread for some great advice.

Just wanted to add my experience of changing the pads.

The pillar bolts on the callipers are 7mm hex. The headroom on the lower one is a little restricted (60mm or so). The standard 7mm 90 degrees keys sold in many shops are generally too long to fit. A standard 7mm Allen will do the job nicely.

I unlatched the handbrake cable and also removed it from the casting. This frees up the calliper and makes the job of winding back the piston a lot easier.

I wound back the piston using a mole wrench and a single handed grip. The grip just applies enough force and the clockwise wind does the rest. Cap off the brake reservoir first. Job done in five minutes.

Total time for both sides - 2 hours (including time to get pads and copper grease from Halfords).

All in all saved £50 on local garage prices. Don't know what Renault charge.

I'm not a confident mechanic but would recommend anybody who thought about doing this job themselves to have a go.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome