Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Second Opinion on Body Kit For a 1995 Laguna?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Looks interesting - but I wonder what the ground clearance is likely to be - you wouldn't want to smash it on the first speed ramp you meet.
That was my first thought.

I live in a rather large 20mph zone. It's too large, frankly: I'm all for them outside schools and the like, but trying to drive at 20mph for ten minutes at a time is *very* hard work. Most people pootle about at 25mph or so. The area is also infested with speed humps: there are around fifty between me and my kids' school, two miles away.

Anyway, the point of the story: it makes me laugh when twunts with modded cars* go past you at 35-40mph, emitting a deep and manly throbbing noise from their modded exhausts, then have to slow to 3mph every fifty yards to get over the next speed hump. And you still hear them scraaaaaaaaay-ping.

* this isn't to suggest that ownership of a modded car automatically makes the owner a twunt

See also: 'People who drive past you at inappropriate speeds then cause a traffic jam by spending five minutes negotiating a width restriction, even though they've got six inches of clearance either side, because basically any spacial awareness they might have had has been knocked out of their brains by the ridiculous subwoofer on the parcel shelf'
Currently in mojolicious's garage:
2001 Ford Focus 1.9TD(d)i Estate in the incredibly luxurious 'LX' trim :)

Last edited by mojolicious; 6th March 2008 at 02:06 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome