Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Keycard

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Hi Lorraine, have a word with Gary at about your card not locking the car any more, the micro switch on the circut board tends to fall off. That's what happened to mine but when trying to cut the card open I managed to cut off another component! oops! Still Gary said he could still repair for about 32 so I'll be sending it off to him shortly so I can have 2 working cards now I have my nice new shiney one! Gary did post on this site instructions on how to repair the card, do a search and you sould come up with something. Think it might even be in this thread!!
As for the car not starting, sounds like the 'click and a short quiet whirring sound' is the starter motor solenoid sticking and not engaging onto the flywheel to turn the engine over. Replacements or recon units aren't that expensive. In the old days when this happened just to get going, used to hit the starter motor with a hammer while someone turned the key!!
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 6th March 2008 at 08:49 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome