Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1.2 16v - Engines - Recommended Oil

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 15th August 2016
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 1.2 16v - Engines - Recommended Oil

Originally Posted by DaciaLoganLaureate View Post
The thing is that i do not find much oil on the air filter so the PCV valve is not responsible for the oil consumption.

I mean for that mileage 80k, the oil consumption it`s huge!
I am curious if other owners have the same oil consumption after 80k ??
I know you posted this a few months back but might as well comment...

In my opinion oil on the filter wouldn't indicate a blocked positive crankcase ventilation pathway (PCV) because this means oil and oily vapors are blocked within the valve cover and wouldnt reach the most upper part (with throttle body and air filter). This blocking could force oil down to get burned off....

I'm putting my engine back together after a blown head gasket. My engine was consuming a fair amount of oil just like yours is (was?). I found that my PCV pathway is blocked... its a really small passage at the center of the valve cover and it was really really blocked. I got my cylinder head skimmed, valves and seats regrinded and put on new valve stem seals.... so i'm hoping things improve!

My engine has 140k miles on it. I was using 20w-50 oil but thats because i accepted recommendations at the garage and didnt do my own research.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome