Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #266 of (permalink) Old 7th March 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I think this is highlighting BIG HOLES in the whole recall process. The process is similar to the "inivitation" letter Renault UK sent (based on the DVLA Database snapshop) following the infamous Bonnet Catch failures issues. That notification approach has failed, because numerous people failed to receive their letter from Renault UK.

Renault are now sending a second letter to 1/2 a million Renault Mk-2/Campus owners via Recorded Delivery now!

So both are experiencing the same delivery "challenges"

Did Renault follow the same std mail delivery approach for this Scenic recall - did they send via Recorded Delivery? And which data did they use.

I am unsure whether it is a data integrity issue (i.e. the data provide to Renault by the DVLA), or a process issue within Renault on getting the letters out in a timely fashion, or an issue with the delivery process (or all 3). Either way - the recall process is apparently failing!

How about those folks that don't know about the issue - shudder to think what could happen in those cases!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome