Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Both rear brakes siezed

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 7th March 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Update on the siezed rear brakes problem that I posted here.
Immediately prior to this brake problem , I had removed the ECU from the fuseboard which is located under a large plastic cover on the front passenger footwell. This was done because the ECU was faulty and I had it repaired and then I replaced it. However, I didn't attempt to drive the car until the next day and found that the brakes were siezed on. After posting the symptoms on this site and receiving very helpful advice I subsequently discovered the real cause of the problem. I had not replaced the metal retaining frame properly over the fuseboard and ECU and a section at the top of the frame was jammed against the linkage where it enters the rear of the brake servo and master cylinder, very effectively applying the brakes, constantly. As it happens, even when I discovered my error, try as I may, I could not get the frame located properly without it constantly jamming against the brake linkage so in the end I cut a section out of the top of the metal frame with a hacksaw and then found the frame settled into place with ease. I have had no problem since. I'm sure many others, like myself, love to know how the many problems aired on this site are resolved because not knowing is like reading a story in a book with those all important last few pages missing. And another thing, don't we all just love a happy ending
Currently in myespace's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome