Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Problems removing Clio II RH handbrake cable

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2016 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Problems removing Clio II RH handbrake cable

My Clio II 2005 1.5 DCI (rear disc brakes) has just lost its RH handbrake cable (lug snapped off the end at the caliper).

I removed the heat shield above the exhaust and removed the remaining end of the cable from the splitter/equiliser, but I can not remove the hand brake cable entirely from the car as just behind the equiliser T, above the exhaust, the 2 hand brake cables go through holes in the under side of the car, the lug on the end of the cable will not pass through the hole and out the other end? So it's impossible to remove without cutting off (which I now have)

Am I supposed to knock the little tube out of the hole or something? Something has to change under there or I'll never be able to feed a new cable back through the hole.

Please help!
  5 Lastest Threads by southwalesboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Yet another Clio MK2 airbag problem Electronics A55ii 1 129 5th September 2016 08:14 PM
Problems removing Clio II RH handbrake cable Brakes/Hubs Dancingdad 3 146 19th August 2016 12:00 PM
Brake hose not sealing to caliper - Clio MK2 Rear... Brakes/Hubs southwalesboy 20 731 3rd June 2016 07:51 PM
How do I find the engine code for a 2004 Clio 1.5... Engines Prickleypear 1 5412 28th November 2010 07:36 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome