Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

View Single Post
post #82 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2016 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

Good to hear that you have solved your problem.

If you have read through this thread you will see that the problem is almost always the ECU (that you have changed) that is at fault and it is very rarely the valve block & motor that causes the problem.

As I pointed out (but never got to prove) I believe the problem is nothing more than the pins in the ECU making a bad connection.
The pins inside the ECU use push fit technology and I believe that eventually these connections fail and cause the problem.

If you have the time and ability to do it, it would be very satisfying to know that if the pins were soldered in position the problem would be fixed.

You will see in my previous posts that I cut open up the ECU and soldered the push fit pins.... unfortunately I never got time to fit the ECU back to the vehicle to prove that it was the pin connections that caused the problem......but I'm pretty certain that the soldered pins would cure the problem.

So if you have the time and a thirst for knowledge we would all love to know if the problem could be fixed by simply soldering the pins!

Please take the time to enter your vehicle details in the "What's current in your garage?" box.

To do this:
Hover over the "TOOLS" tab at the top of the page
> then in the dropdown click on "User Dashboard"
> click on "Edit Your Details" at the top Left hand side.
> scroll down to the "What's current in your garage?" box and enter your vehicle details.
> Once the details are entered scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

> Done.
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome